Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to secure your order.
- The Hirer is wholly responsible for all articles on hire from the time of delivery until collected or returned. Such responsibility includes shortages, damage, breakages, and losses including those due to theft or burglary.
- The Hirer shall during the continuance of the hiring maintain and keep the items ordered in good and serviceable repair and condition and will indemnify Milestone Events Barbados against any loss or damage including theft or burglary of the articles, or any part thereof from whatever cause arising.
- All items hired out are charged whether used or not.
- All rented items must be returned CLEAN. Equipment and linen must be free of food, tape, ribbons, balloons etc. prior to pick up, or a cleaning charge will be assessed. We cannot accept any items in place of our own.
- Please be mindful that you have rented the linens. They are to be returned in a serviceable condition. NO CANDLES ARE TO BE BURNED DIRECTLY ON LINEN. CANDLE WAX STAINS ARE NOT REMOVEABLE. We do not accept linens that are torn, scorched, burned, disfigured with permanent dye, marked with crayons or ink, or mildewed. Linens must be returned unwashed. If our linen is laundered it will be considered damaged and you will be charged the replacement cost. Lost or damaged linen, as described above, will be charged at the replacement cost for the particular linen damaged. The replacement cost is four times the rental cost. If our linen should get wet or is damp for any reason, please air dry them first before putting them in bags or containers to avoid mildew.
- Where transport of chairs and tables is arranged for by Milestone Events Barbados the Hirer is requested to have them stacked in tens and ready for removal IMMEDIATELY after use. Failure to comply will incur a surcharge.
- The Hirer must check all items on receipt and report any discrepancies, direct to the office IMMEDIATELY, and not wait until after use.
- Rates are per day. Therefore, these items are to be returned by noon on the next working day.
- In the event of harsh weather or acts of God, (severe thunderstorms, high winds, etc.,) civil disturbances or decrees from governmental authority we reserve the right to take down and / or collect our equipment to prevent the equipment, persons and property from any possible harm or damage. We also reserve the right to cancel any order in the event that harsh weather or civil circumstances does not allow for setup, or will cause harm to any rented equipment, as well as persons or property. In this rare instant your deposit will be fully refunded.
- Invoices are due on receipt. Overdue invoices incur interest at the rate of 2% per month compounded monthly for an effective rate of 26.8% per year on the unpaid balance of any invoice if any portion remains unpaid more than 30 days from the date of such invoice. Hirer will be responsible for all collection costs which also attract interest as long as amounts remain outstanding.
- JOSA Investment Inc. trading as Milestone Events Barbados has the right to photograph the project, including work area, before, during, and after the proposed work. All photographic documentation becomes the property of JOSA Investment Inc. trading as Milestone Events Barbados which may be used for purposes including, but not limited to, publication in newspapers, magazines, and other print media, use in broadcast media, publication via the Internet, and use in marketing materials used by JOSA Investment Inc.
- Damage Waiver Guide
- For your protection and ours Milestone Events Barbados charges a damage waiver fee on carpets, farm tables, utensils, and linen rentals. The damage waiver covers small incidental losses, missing and damaged items and waives the rental charges that would otherwise continue to accrue during the repair or replacement period, waiver of late fees, transportation, interest, and collection costs in the event items are not returned timely, in the condition rented or in the case of linens heavily soiled or damaged. The damage waiver does NOT cover loss or damage resulting from breach of the rental contract, gross negligence, theft and mysterious disappearance, misuse and abuse of the rented items, excessive losses and losses resulting from or in connection with the use of alcohol or drugs by the customer or the customer’s employees or guests.
- HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. You agree to assume the risk of and indemnify and hold us harmless from and against, any and all property damage and personal injury resulting from:
- The delivery, loading, unloading, erection, installation, dismantling and use of the equipment
- Contact with underground wires, pipes, or other obstructions.
- All necessary surface repairs
- Quotes are valid for seven (7) days from the date of the quote.
Milestone Events Barbados. A division of JOSA Investments Inc.