How To Book
Create a wishlist
Browse our inventory of event furniture, furnishing, linens, utensils. To ensure your event is memorable we stock tents, tables, chairs, lounge furniture, bars, props, linens, crockery, cutlery, glassware and more. Create your wishlist and add your selections to your cart.
Submit your list for processing
Happy with your selections? Submit your wishlist to be processed. Enter all the required information so that we can properly process your request and issue a quotation.
Approve your quote
We will then send you a formal quotation for your review and approval. Once approved a nonrefundable 50% deposit is required to secure your selections and event date.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to secure your order.
- The Hirer is wholly responsible for all articles on hire from the time of delivery until collected or returned. Such responsibility includes shortages, damage, breakages, and losses including those due to theft or burglary.
- The Hirer shall during the continuance of the hiring maintain and keep the items ordered in good and serviceable repair and condition and will indemnify Milestone Events Barbados against any loss or damage including theft or burglary of the articles, or any part thereof from whatever cause arising.
- All items hired out are charged whether used or not.
- All rented items must be returned CLEAN. Equipment and linen must be free of food, tape, ribbons, balloons etc. prior to pick up, or a cleaning charge will be assessed. We cannot accept any items in place of our own.
- Please be mindful that you have rented the linens. They are to be returned in a serviceable condition. NO CANDLES ARE TO BE BURNED DIRECTLY ON LINEN. CANDLE WAX STAINS ARE NOT REMOVEABLE. We do not accept linens that are torn, scorched, burned, disfigured with permanent dye, marked with crayons or ink, or mildewed. Linens must be returned unwashed. If our linen is laundered it will be considered damaged and you will be charged the replacement cost. Lost or damaged linen, as described above, will be charged at the replacement cost for the particular linen damaged. The replacement cost is four times the rental cost. If our linen should get wet or is damp for any reason, please air dry them first before putting them in bags or containers to avoid mildew.
- Where transport of chairs and tables is arranged for by Milestone Events Barbados the Hirer is requested to have them stacked in tens and ready for removal IMMEDIATELY after use. Failure to comply will incur a surcharge.
- The Hirer must check all items on receipt and report any discrepancies, direct to the office IMMEDIATELY, and not wait until after use.
- Rates are per day. Therefore, these items are to be returned by noon on the next working day.
- In the event of harsh weather or acts of God, (severe thunderstorms, high winds, etc.,) civil disturbances or decrees from governmental authority we reserve the right to take down and / or collect our equipment to prevent the equipment, persons and property from any possible harm or damage. We also reserve the right to cancel any order in the event that harsh weather or civil circumstances does not allow for setup, or will cause harm to any rented equipment, as well as persons or property. In this rare instant your deposit will be fully refunded.
- Invoices are due on receipt. Overdue invoices incur interest at the rate of 2% per month compounded monthly for an effective rate of 26.8% per year on the unpaid balance of any invoice if any portion remains unpaid more than 30 days from the date of such invoice. Hirer will be responsible for all collection costs which also attract interest as long as amounts remain outstanding.
- JOSA Investment Inc. trading as Milestone Events Barbados has the right to photograph the project, including work area, before, during, and after the proposed work. All photographic documentation becomes the property of JOSA Investment Inc. trading as Milestone Events Barbados which may be used for purposes including, but not limited to, publication in newspapers, magazines, and other print media, use in broadcast media, publication via the Internet, and use in marketing materials used by JOSA Investment Inc.
- Damage Waiver Guide
- For your protection and ours Milestone Events Barbados charges a damage waiver fee on carpets, farm tables, utensils, and linen rentals. The damage waiver covers small incidental losses, missing and damaged items and waives the rental charges that would otherwise continue to accrue during the repair or replacement period, waiver of late fees, transportation, interest, and collection costs in the event items are not returned timely, in the condition rented or in the case of linens heavily soiled or damaged. The damage waiver does NOT cover loss or damage resulting from breach of the rental contract, gross negligence, theft and mysterious disappearance, misuse and abuse of the rented items, excessive losses and losses resulting from or in connection with the use of alcohol or drugs by the customer or the customer’s employees or guests.
- HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT. You agree to assume the risk of and indemnify and hold us harmless from and against, any and all property damage and personal injury resulting from:
- The delivery, loading, unloading, erection, installation, dismantling and use of the equipment
- Contact with underground wires, pipes, or other obstructions.
- All necessary surface repairs
- Quotes are valid for seven (7) days from the date of the quote.
Milestone Events Barbados. A division of JOSA Investments Inc.
Do you perform site visits?
Yes. The first site visit is free. There is a charge for any subsequent site visit required. The charge is based on distance and time involved.
How long are your quotations valid for?
Quotations are valid for seven (24) days from the date of the quotation. Unless confirmed and secured by your deposit your quotation expires in seven (24) days.
When do I need to pay for my selections?
A nonrefundable fifty percent (50%) deposit is required to secure your items for your event date. Please note this deposit is nonrefundable regardless of the reason for cancellation. Your remaining balance must be paid seven (7) days prior to the event. If your event is less than seven (7) away, full payment is required at the time of booking.
What if my event is cancelled or rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances?
We will work with you in the event unforeseen circumstances or weather conditions force the cancellation of your event. While all payments are nonrefundable, regardless of the reason, we will issue a full credit for up to six months from the original event date. A rebooking fee is required once a new date is selected. We will require at least two (2) weeks notice when rescheduling your date.
Can I make changes to my order after it is placed?
Absolutely! Outside of 60 days prior to your event, you may adjust your order as much as you would like. Keep in mind that the reservation fee is non-refundable, so if you were to reduce more than 50% of your order, you would be forfeiting a portion of your reservation fee. Inside of 60 days prior to your event, up until seven (7) days prior, you may reduce up to 10% of your order total. All changes, final counts, and final payments are due seven (7) days prior to your event. You may always add to your order, as long as we have the additional items available.
How far in advance do you recommend that I reserve my items?
As soon as you know that you need to rent items, you should go ahead and reserve them. We do our best to keep ample stock of all items, but we do still run out of items during peak periods. Our popular items and custom pieces tend to book out very early.
Do I have to wash my dishes or linens?
All of your linens and dishes will be given to you clean and ready to use. For your linens, you will be provided with a bag to put your linens in at the end of your event. In the event any of the linens are wet please air dry before placing them in the bags and do not close the bags. We will launder them once they are returned to us. All utensils will be delivered clean, polished and table ready. After use, please rinse all items free of any food/drink debris, and place them back in the original container.
Do you deliver?
Pickup of any of our inventory is not permitted. We can deliver your rentals (curbside delivery) or install and setup. When making a reservation, let us know the service you want.
When will you deliver my items?
That is really dependent on your needs and your venue’s restrictions. Saturdays and Sundays are typically our busiest days for deliveries. We work at many venues that require same day deliveries. Therefore, if your event is at a private residence or a venue without these restrictions, we prefer to deliver a day or two beforehand, and pick up a day or two afterwards. Whenever you reserve your items, we ask that you let us know what your preferences and event times are. We write all of our schedules approximately 1 week beforehand, and we will contact you to give you a time frame of when we plan to arrive. If you need us to arrive at a specific time, we are happy to send out a separate delivery truck and crew to your event. We do charge an additional $150.00 fee for this service.
What if there is bad weather on the day of my event?
We certainly hope that the weather is great on the day of your event! Unfortunately, the weather in Barbados is very unpredictable, especially during the hurricane season, June 1 to November 30th. We strongly recommend that you obtain event Insurance and have a backup plan in place in the event of bad weather. We also ask that you inform us beforehand of your backup plan, so that we can try to schedule our deliveries accordingly. Please note that we do not offer any refunds in the event of bad weather, as it is completely outside of our control.
What is your cancellation policy?
Please be aware that once we place your order, other orders are turned away in our dedication to you! Any deposit or payments placed on an order will be non-refundable and non-transferable. We apologize but we have prepared your items and turned away other customers who may have wanted your items.
Are there any minimum reservation requirements?
No. There are no minimum reservation requirements. Some prepackaged items cannot be broken thereby restricting your flexibility as to the number that can be ordered. Otherwise, there are no minimums.
How long will I have access to the items I rent?
Items are rented for up to twenty-four (24) hours. If an item is needed for longer, please indicate at the time booking.